We provide health and medical information to improve the health and wellbeing of people and the communities they live in. This information is:
- quality-assured and reliable
- locally relevant
- easy to understand.
The information on our site aims to help people understand and manage their health and medical conditions. It does not replace care provided by medical practitioners and other qualified health professionals.
A wide range of information
Our content reflects the wide range of health interests and needs in the community and is based on:
- current and emerging health issues
- developments in medical research and practice
- national and state health priorities
- requests from Other Health Channels and content partners
- findings from evidence based research
- analysis of our site statistics.
Health and medical information you can trust
We use a rigorous quality assurance and approval process to develop and review our content, including consultation and input from subject matter experts, overview by the Content Editorial team and referral to other areas of Department of Health as required. Our content partners are subject matter experts from a wide range of reputable Australian health, medical and academic organizations.
Linking to and from the Health Channel
We encourage other websites to link to the Healthcarefitin
We also provide links to other websites throughout our site. We most commonly link to government, educational and other not-for-profit health and health-related organizations. We generally give priority to links to websites where the host organization:
- has aims and objectives that are consistent with those of hcf
- offers high-quality, consumer-focused and up-to-date information
- demonstrates recognized expertise in their field
- aims to provide objective health information that does not promote a particular product or service
- which provides health information that complements information on the hcf.
We may, at our discretion, choose to link to commercial websites if they:
- offer high-quality content that is not available elsewhere and that we consider to be of particular value to our users
- clearly differentiate content from advertising.
How to contact the Health Care Fitin
We welcome your feedback about our site. If you have a query or comment, please get in touch via our Contact us page. We do our best to respond to all emails promptly.
We do not give personal health advice
Health Care fitness information aims to help people understand and manage their health and medical conditions, and help them make lifestyle choices based on their needs. It does not replace care provided by medical practitioners and other qualified health professionals. We do not give health and medical advice over the phone or by email.